Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stormy Stormy Night


I was sure it would be a long night at the first glimpse of lightning and rumble of thunder. Tyson cannot handle thunderstorms. He pants and paces and whines and pants and paces. It's so pitiful and there is nothing I can do to calm him down. He shakes and shudders and looks for a place to hide.


But thank goodness, Craig was actually home during this storm. And just when I was worried that Tyson would go into a catatonic state, he climbed onto the couch beside his daddy.


Interesting. Tyson is not afraid when Craig is home. But he is terrified when I am here by myself.


Does he think that I am not capable of holding down the fort? Does he sense that I am nervous when I am alone in a bad storm and then reacts to my emotions?


Maybe I'll try to remain calm the next time it storms and see how he behaves then. That's a great idea. Anyone have a Valium??

1 comment:

Tammy said...

This picture is a riot! All he needs is a remote control in the paw....